Welcome! I want you to use the power of baby steps, prototyping, and experimentation in order to have a better life.
While I believe that many people will find this material useful or even entertaining, it is primarily dedicated to those who:
- Feel stuck
- Are fearful
- Have a vague (or not so vague!) sense that there can be more to life: more accomplishment, more delight, more kindness.
My focus includes creativity, technology, entrepreneurship, and learning. That’s not to say that people who are focused on health, finance, or relationship goals won’t find something here as well.
Over time, I have found myself becoming more indecisive and fearful. I tend to overthink a lot and not take action. Oddly, when I was a computer professional in the telecommunications field, I found that I was most gifted in prototyping and other proof of concept activities. I wasn’t as good as making things fast or secure. It’s possible that I’m a different person now. I need reminders of these principles as much as anybody. To paraphrase Woody Guthrie, this site was made for you and me.
The spirit of this site declares that:
- Imperfection is fine, and even downright failure is acceptable. We are not fighting fires or building bridges here.
- Fun is encouraged.
- We prefer a bias to action.
- Our spirit animal is the guinea pig, but his friends the sloth and Grumpy Cat may come along for the ride. 🙂
- Everyone can improve by using the power of baby steps, prototyping, and experimentation.
Eventually, these principles will be compiled into a manifesto.
There have been plenty of sites, books, and courses that deal with these topics. Along the way, I will introduce you to them.
Sound good? Then let’s get started!
Confession: It drives me crazy that the words are imperfect, there’s practically no design to speak of, there’s no optimization, and the visual interest is close to nil. I’ve decided to strengthen my writing skills first. I fully intend for this post to be a living document as my skills grow and the direction solidifies. Baby steps…